(“We”) datemy Limited are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy, together with our terms and conditions sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We are the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the 'Act').
Your personal information is held by datemylimited. The personal information that you include within your profile is available to other users of www.datemy.co.uk, all other personal information that we process is kept confidential on our secure database.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site datemy.co.uk (Our 'Site'). This includes information provided when you register on the site, subscribing to use our service, posting material or requesting further Services. We may also collect information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, or when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Site, including any information we require to provide any products or services that you purchase from us through the Site.
- When you visit our site we may also collect information about your computer, including your IP address, browser type, operating system and location, for system administration. The information will not be used to identify any individual.
How we use information about you:
- To activate and approve your profile and photograph(s)
- To allow you to be included in interactive features of our website when you choose to do so (notifying you of updates to your Matchbox and new message alerts)
- To personalize your repeat visits to the site.
- To notify you about changes to our service
- Communicating with you regarding your account
- Responding to complaints
- For administration and accounting
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- We show pictures of datemy subscribers on the homepage of the datemy website. Subscribers can notify us in writing if they would not like to be displayed on our homepage.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email) with information about goods and services, which are similar to those that were part of a previous sale to you.
- Your profile picture will be displayed to all Users it will be visible on the search results page.
- If you are uploading a User different to yourself you are allowing us to send an email invitation on your behalf, inviting your single person to join the Site. We will store their contact information for the purpose of this, until they subscribe.
We take appropriate measures to ensure your personal information is kept secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
In the event that you choose to pay for services you will be directed to our payment provider, PayPal via a secure link. Your card details are not stored on our database, they are held with PayPal and will just be used to process the payment through PayPal and any recurring payments after that.
Where we have given you, or where you have chosen a password that enables you to access our Website, you’re responsible for keeping this confidential.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business assets. In which case we may transfer your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer.
- We may also share information about you with third parties that we engage to help us in certain areas, such as processing payments for services you order from us. Such third parties will provide at least the same level of protection for your personal information as we do. You consent to our transferring your personal information to countries or jurisdictions that do not provide the same level of data protection as is provided in the United Kingdom.
datemy.co.uk is not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of other websites that may be linked to this site or any third party advertisers. We do not accept liability for their policies.
Access to information
You are entitled to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, for which we charge a fee.
Changes to your personal information
If your details change, please log in to www.datemy.co.uk and update your details within the edit your profile section.